Today, we'll go over the 5 do's for you to successfully buy your dream home.
- Do get pre-approved. To be taken seriously in this market, you must have pre-approval. Don't go looking at houses until you've talked with a lender and been fully pre-approved. Sellers will not take your offer seriously without a pre-approval.
- Do be plugged into the Internet. Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com are all great sources, but they're not the best. These sites only show 60% to 70% of all properties on the market. You need to be plugged in with a system that has direct ties to the MLS, like our site. You need to know when properties first come on the market, or if a price moves on a property you've been watching.
- Do be urgent. Don't go home and sleep on it. If you're willing to do that, it might not be the right home. Buying a home is an emotional decision. Most buyers know when they walk in the door if that's the right home for them.
- Do make your best offer. We're dealing with a seller's market. We all know markets change, but right now we're in a seller's market. Do not make any lowball offers.
- Do use a great agent. Don't work with someone who makes you uncomfortable, but don't just hire your friend or cousin, either. Hire a professional who has market experience. We win a lot of offers just because of our experience. The listing agent knows that we have walked our buyers through the process and trusts that we can get our buyer to the closing table.
Marcus Vanzant, Owner/Broker, REALTOR®
Bradenton Real Estate Expert